[Squeakland] Windows and Linux does not produce the same .pr files

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Mon Sep 22 23:49:46 PDT 2008

2008/9/23 Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org>:
> At Sun, 21 Sep 2008 16:39:51 +0200,
> Karl Ramberg wrote:
>>
>> Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>> > When I load DrGeo pr file (http://download.gna.org/istoa/drgeo/) and
>> > save it again under Etoys, I have different result when I use Windows
>> > or Linux image.
>> >
>> > 1. The format seems to be different (check both .pr file at
>> > http://download.gna.org/istoa/drgeo/)
>> > 2. The one produced from the linux etoys is smaller and broken: the
>> > pr. cannot be reloaded, get a syntax error
>
>  Yes, and that seems to be a legitimate syntax error.  What are the
> versions of these images?  I tried it on the latest Etoys on my Fedora
> 9 and it seems to be working as it should be, if I start from
> DrGeoII.pr and not -buggy.pr one.  Yes, I saved the project file with
> some content on Fedora 9 with fully updated etoys-dev.image, and
> restart the image and load the project and it worked.  (and arcTan2:
> method is there.)
>
>  The linux installation from the site may have a problem.  And what
> is the language setting of your Linux installation?

It is French; but the .pr does not come with language catalog (another
problem to fix)
Now, I think it would be just easier if I could provide a mechanism to
let the user install DrGeo permanently in the Image. This will solve
the other issue like slow to load drgeo project files.
Do you know any preferred way to do that?
I know the SAR way to do it as proposed by José, so I may look at it
now and drop the .pr distribution.

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire