[Squeakland] Windows and Linux does not produce the same .pr files

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Sep 23 07:00:22 PDT 2008

Am 22.09.2008 um 23:49 schrieb Hilaire Fernandes:
> Now, I think it would be just easier if I could provide a mechanism to
> let the user install DrGeo permanently in the Image. This will solve
> the other issue like slow to load drgeo project files.
> Do you know any preferred way to do that?
> I know the SAR way to do it as proposed by José, so I may look at it
> now and drop the .pr distribution.

Well, the actual problem I see is that it's sub-optimal to always save
the DrGeo code with any pr file. This was just the simplest way to do
it.

The code should always be loaded from the DrGeo bundle, whereas a
saved project should be just the DrGeo figure.

Loadable extensions like DrGeo could be much better supported by
Etoys, but there has been no time to work on that from the core
developers yet.

- Bert -