[squeakland] Online XO Instruction in Uruguay

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Aug 21 07:19:28 EDT 2009

Carlos Rabassa wrote:
> I'm happy to report this effort is continuing successfully.
>
> We have just received these pictures from Paolo Benini
> (nanonano at mediagala.com),  one of the most active volunteers of the
> RAP Ceibal group,  in these subject of remote connections.
Thank you very much for sharing this!

> Paolo tells us:
>
> Today,  we had an online session with participants at 17 different
> locations in Uruguay.
That's amazing! Are these meetings in the afternoon or on the weekends?
Do they teacher also give feedback about what works good in classroom
and what not? I would really like to hear how the participants use what
they learn in this sessions. A re there plans to have a survey or analysis?

Greetings,
Rita

> As you probably recall,  Lino explained to those in Porto Alegre,  the
> purpose of this remote sessions is to allow a few instructors to reach
> many individuals interested in learning in remote areas of the country.
>
> Also,  in cases like the one shown in these pictures, allows the
> participation of groups small enough to be able to meet at locations
> with adequate facilities which are easier to find than a huge hall for
> all together.
>
> Carlos Rabassa
> Montevideo, Uruguay

Rita Freudenberg