[squeakland] Introductory lesson

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 06:58:24 EDT 2009

On Thursday 27 Aug 2009 1:33:12 am Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > I did my first lesson with Etoys this morning. The kids were playing
> > like crazy with the welcome introductory car project.
> >
> > Hilaire
>
> Is that good or bad?
Good question. The first impression that kids get is that of an entertaining
toy. They don't connect the car with 'me' (self) or any other sentient being.

I think the bug used in Hilaire guide is a better starter. It is a small
sentient being and most children would see a bug from the top, so they could
relate to it easily.

Subbu