[squeakland] Any Recommendations for Teaching Robots

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Tue Dec 8 00:49:15 EST 2009

I am going to be teaching a course in Robotics starting in late
January/early February, any suggestions on the which robot/robot parts to
get?

Kids: Age 10-13, they are familiar with Etoys.
I am actually considering using Scratch for this (sorry) but I think its
good for kids to learn a second language. I may have them also try to
program it in Etoys as well to test/help develop their understanding.

In any case I want to be able to use the same robots for teaching with Etoys
in the future.

Ideally I want inexpensive and mobile.

Also any good ideas for problems to give them would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen