[squeakland] Where should I edit the Playfield INFO?

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Dec 8 10:18:38 EST 2009

Hi Steve,

do you have time to join our audio chat today at 3 pm EST? Or when would you have time for a quick chat, audio or irc? Some of your questions have been discussed yesterday, others are on the agenda today.

I apologize for not explaining our writing rules and outline better. And with your questions you identified important issues!

On Dec 8, 2009, at 3:47 AM, Steve Thomas wrote:

> I started editing the Playfield here: http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Etoys/TilesPlayfield
> Then found another spot (which answered my questions on mouse x and y) here: http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Etoys/Tiles
>

> Which version should we keep?

I already copied your text into the objects chapter. There we will describe all the objects you can find in the supplies bin.

> Also Why is Playfield called a "Tile" wouldn't a better term be Object.

This is a misunderstanding, I should have said it more clearly at the beginning of the chapter. In Tiles we will describe the tiles of an object. So we do not call playfield a tile, but will describe the tiles, which are special for playfields, in the tiles chapter (where we will describe every tile within Etoys).
We do have a list with every tile extracted from within Etoys, so we know we will not forget one. But I just broke it down into several chapters to enable simultaneous editing. It will be re-organised later. We will probably end up with a chapter called "tiles" (or something like that), in which a user can find a description for every tile, and we still have to decide on the order. For now, the idea is to organize it according to the appearance in Etoys, e.g. sub-chapters for viewer-categories and then one or more sub-chapters for special tiles for special objects (thats where the playfield tiles would appear.)

Thank you for sending your mails to the list!