[squeakland] Where should I edit the Playfield INFO?

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:04:11 EST 2009

On Tuesday 08 December 2009 09:34:17 pm Steve Thomas wrote:
>       - *User Term* *(UT)*- common language term which describes the
>       functionality of an object/thing. This Term should use word(s)
> that can be
>       easily mapped to common experiences (and mental models of an 8
> year old. If
>       anyone has a reference to such terms and mental models that
> would be great
Here is my shot at 'kids' terms. They may or may not corresponding to
programmer's intentions ;-)

Object - a building block used to build larger "computers". Some kids call
this a "thingie".
Morph - a graphical object (i.e. has a visual which can be manipulated with a
mouse)
Halo - "remote control" for a Morph. Has buttons for manipulating a Morph
Player - A script agent for a Morph which manages scripts and variables on
behalf of its morph.
Tile  -  A strip containing an instruction to a Player.
Viewer - a drawer containing strips of instructions organized by categories
(trays?) and a panel containing additional buttons for manipulating a Morph
(e.g. grab it, rename it, reveal it etc.).
Scriptor - A control panel for starting, stopping, editing a script.
Name Tile - A Morph's name badge (orange halo button). Used in scripts to
refer to Morphs.

FWIW .. Subbu