[squeakland] Any Recommendations for Teaching Robots

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:12:14 EST 2009

Hi Steve!
We've been working on making Etoys a good platform for teaching robotics,
check out our blog (it's in spanish, sorry): http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira

I would recommend using Lego Mindstorms Nxt or Arduino, depending on the
kids age. Arduino is cheaper but I believe Lego Nxt is more suitable for
working with children (that's just my opinion, though).

Of course, both can be controlled from Etoys:

Lego Nxt for Etoys: http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/?page_id=79
Arduino for Etoys: http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/?page_id=196

<http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/?page_id=196>You should also get in touch
with the guys at Planète Sciences, they've been teaching robotics with etoys
for a while now (
http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/2009-December/004212.html).

Cheers!
Richo