[squeakland] Creating large sketches?

James Davis jd5 at gocatgo.com
Tue Dec 22 18:26:10 EST 2009

Hello -- How do you create a sketch of a size larger than the default
size? I want to create something like the "Seaside" pictures on the
etoysillinois,org site (creating a big background picture that works
like a stage set).

When I create a new sketch, it has particular dimensions. If I resize
the drawing it stretches what I have drawn. When I go back to
editing / repainting the sketch that I stretched, the sketch window is
at it's original size/dimensions. (Well not exactly the original
dimensions -- each time I go to repaint the sketch, it looks Etoys
adds about 30 pixels on the left and right.)

If I change the height and width via the Viewer, it looks like that is
the same as stretching the sketch (when I go back to repainting, the
sketch is resized to its original dimensions).

I would like to do all of the drawing inside Etoys (instead of making
a large bitmap with another tool and bringing it into EToys.

So... Is there a way to resize the initial drawing area for a sketch?

jd