[squeakland] Another starter question

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Dec 23 18:49:32 EST 2009

On 23.12.2009, at 23:51, James Davis wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions re: large sketches. Now I have another new user-ish type question. I have seen in some projects an "About" tab that expands when clicked to reveal information about a project. How do you do that?

It's called a "Flap" and clicking the tab expands it. Being considered an advanced feature, flaps are hidden a bit. Press cmd-comma to bring up a menu containing a "flaps..." item. In the submenu you will find an item "make a new flap".

You may also want to read the "About flaps" entry. It's is slightly outdated in that no flaps are shown anymore by default, they used to be central to the interface.  (well technically, we still have flaps, though in disguise - viewer flaps, the supplies flap, the tool bar)

Anyway, it was proposed to make flaps easier to create:

	http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-529

But so far few people have expressed interest in that feature.

- Bert -