[squeakland] Another starter question

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 23:34:46 EST 2009

On Thursday 24 December 2009 04:21:57 am James Davis wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions re: large sketches. Now I have another new
> user-ish type question. I have seen in some projects an "About" tab
> that expands when clicked to reveal information about a project. How
> do you do that?
Just a few points about Flaps. The name is very misleading ;-). If you think
of a project world as the floor with objects in them, Flaps are like wall
cabinets/drawers/lockers. They are an advanced concept in Morphic programming
but very useful in practice.

  * Flaps are operated through 'Flap Tabs' (again misleadingly named) - the
tiny label you see sticking to the edge of the screen. These tabs act like
cabinet/drawer handles.
  * they 'stick' to the screen and are not embedded in the project's world
(i.e. they are not part of world's submorphs) unlike other morphs you see
within the project.
  * they are global. So they can be used to hold objects while copying them
from one project to another.

HTH .. Subbu