[Squeakland] ANN: Squeakfest Brasil 2009

Kim Rose kim.rose at vpri.org
Fri Feb 13 15:09:20 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

This year we hope to hold two Squeakfest conferences, one in Brasil  =

and another in the United States.

While US details are still pending, we're very pleased to announce  =

Squeakfest Brasil!

WHEN:  July 24th and 25th, 2009

WHERE: Porto Alegre, Brasil

WHO: Hosted by UFRGS and Pensamento Digital

WHAT: a teacher-oriented, hands-on conference, showcasing Squeak Etoys  =

use throughout Brasil and the rest of South & Central America

LANGUAGES: Portuguese and Spanish, with English translators

We've timed our conference so you may also attend the 9th World  =

Conference on Computers in Education (WCCE):

WHEN: July 27th to July 31st, 2009

WHERE: Bento Gon=E7alves, Brasil

LANGUAGE: English

Transportation from Porto Alegre will be arranged as part of WCCE  =

registration.

--

Several from Squeakland and Viewpoints will be presenting at both  =

conferences.  We encourage others from our community to consider  =

presenting and to help us spread the word to colleagues and friends.

We'll be sending a "call for presentations" in March and will also be  =

launching the conference website at that time.

To receive further Squeakfest announcements, sign up for mailings here:

http://squeakland.org/subscribe/

For more information:

Squeakland:  http://squeakland.org

UFRGS: http://www.ufrgs.br