[Squeakland] can EToys mime KongregateLab's "Shoot" tutorial game?

Bill Seitz fluxent at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 07:07:30 PST 2009

I'd like to get my sons (age 10 and 8) programming, but the only hook
that I think will get them started is the ability to make a kinda cool
game.

Ideally, I'd like to see a tutorial that leads them down the path of
making a starter non-lame game. A specific example I've found, for
Flash-based games, is at the KongregateLabs site:
http://www.kongregate.com/labs

Can EToys achieve the same thing? Are there any existing tutorials or
projects that cover similar material?

Scratch seems to have some challenges in this area:
http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12971