[squeakland] How do you measure Etoys success?

Randall Caton rcaton at cnu.edu
Wed Jul 8 14:42:26 EDT 2009

It is my understanding that you can't measure success by before and
after tests given over short time periods. You need to look for
sustained learning that sticks with the learner. While a standard type
test would be nearly worthless, I believe you could develop a
performance-based test to see if working with Etoys unleashes
students' abilities to think and solve problems. The test would be a
task rather than a series of questions. The task would have to be
given before and after a sustained period of working with Etoys and
also some time later again as a follow-up.

--
The views expressed in this email are my own
and not necessarily those of CNU.

Randall Caton
41596 Bald Eagle Drive
Bigfork, MN 56628