[squeakland] Introductions

Nevit Dilmen nevilo at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 15:47:57 EDT 2009

> 	Please let us know a little about
> yourself.  Where are you now?  Where do you work?  How long
> have you been using Etoys?   What other education technology
> have you used?  How's the family?  How are you?
>

> Attach a photo if you like, so we can see your smiling
> face.

I am a parent who is interested in education. (And which parent isn't :-) )
I live in Istanbul, Turkey. I learned about eToys from Alan Kay's speech at www.ted.com a few months ago. Looked at wikipedia article, video tutorials and played with the program. Decided that more contribution should be done to this project. I am currently contributing by working on Turkish translations.

I post my projects (which are at infancy) at: http://www.fotografim.com/etoys-projects and my daughter's projects are located at http://www.fotografim.net/etoys-projects

I recommended eToys to computer department of my daughter's school which to my surprise where not aware of it.

I believe eToys will help children to develop a better way of thinking.

Nevit Dilmen