[squeakland] Re: [Fwd: Re: New Etoys installer for testing]

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Jul 10 13:16:42 EDT 2009

At Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:26:49 -0700,
Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> At Fri, 10 Jul 2009 00:10:10 -0700,
> Andreas Raab wrote:
> >
> > The installer works fine but once I've installed it I get VM crashes
> > when trying to use the plugin a browser, regardless of which browser
> > (Firefox, IE7, Chrome).
> >
> > The crashes are extremely similar, see below:
>
>   Thank you for testing.  I do get the crash, actually, too.
>
>   One theory floating was OggPlugin, but removing it seems to take any
> effect.  As the debug log suggests, it could be in the security
> plugin.  I wonder what has changed.  I'll look into it.

  It works fine with the VM we used to distribute with the previous
public installer, which claim to be 3.10.10 but I think with some
modification on the SecurityPlugin where it expands the
pseudo-variables like %MYDOCUMENTS% in etoys.ini.  (But after
substituting them in the .ini files it still crashes, so the expanding
them may not be a problem.)

  If I put self halt in #enterRestrictedMode and step execute it, it
goes through fine.  It seems to suggest that some stack unbalance in a
primitive (disableFileAccess or disableImageWrite) may be the issue.

  For the interest of release time, I think I put up an installer with
the old VM for now, and look into the difference from it and 3.11.2
VM.

-- Yoshiki