[squeakland] Re: [etoys-dev] New Etoys Installer (#2237) for testing

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 18 19:47:43 EDT 2009

Hi Yoshiki:

Thanks! I tested the installation on Vista. Installed correctly. Tested both
standalone run (tested existing projects, and also loaded projects from ".pr"
files, saved projects etc); also tested as a plugin both in Firefox 3.5 and IE
7.

Everything works great, including the various scaling, full screen etc. There
are no "black blinking artifacts" when switching between projects.

I only have 3 notes:

1) The installer did not seem to register a "Etoys Unistall" in the Control
Panel. I I was able to uninstall from Program Files/Etoys.

2) "Help" does not work when run in a plugin (works when run standalone). It
does show Help items, but when clicked on an item, nothing happens.

3) The "Clouds" are not a top-level project, there is a blank project on top
level. But I think this is intended (?) because of browser plugin.

Milan