[squeakland] Magic in the skies

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jul 23 08:04:33 EDT 2009

On 23.07.2009, at 07:40, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

>> BTW, I have learnt to treat projects like these as opinions - never
>> step-in to
>> 'correct' or 'enhance' it. But do take note of new aspects to
>> introduce next
>> time the author seeks help.
>
> What do you mean exactly?
>
> Hilaire

It's better not to tell students they did something "wrong", because
this soon stifles creativity. Also, sometimes a different path than
envisioned by the teacher turns out to be more interesting, if the
student is allowed to pursue it. Instead of correcting the work while
it is in progress, at the next opportunity show them a different (and
perhaps better) way of doing it.

- Bert -