[squeakland] Gallery Maker: A way to make your own gallery from projects on server

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Mon Jul 27 13:34:42 EDT 2009

  Hi, Randy and everybody,

  I made a kind of template project that can be used to make your own
"gallery of projects"  This one is made to create a gallery for a web
directory.

http://dev.laptop.org/~yoshiki/etoys/GalleryMaker.003.pr

The steps are described in the project as well, but here it is (after

- Let's say you have all projects on a server and accessible via HTTP.
  In this example, it is http://dev.laptop.org/~yoshiki/etoys/.
  Change it to your server directory (with trailing slash kept).

- Download all projects from the server directory to a local
  directory.  In this example, it is "C:\squeak\olpc\etoys\".

- Load all projects from the local directory into this project.  You
  load each of them manually and go back to the previous project.  Or,
  set the local directory name in the below dialog (currently showing
  C:\squeak\olpc\etoys\) and push "Load Projects" button.

- Next, press the "GalleryMaker" button.  It'll substitute the little
- names in the project thumbnails.  Now you can save this project.

- Quit Etoys and load the project again.  If you click on a thumbnail
  and it seems take longer than usual, it means that the project is
  loaded from the server and working as intended.  Here, you can
  remove the garbage, rename the project and save it again.  And, you
  are done!

If you have more questions, please let me know.

  Currently, the version number matters.  It would be nice if the
clicking a thumbnail brings in the latest version of the project
automatically, but I stumbled on some blocks and don't go there this
time...

-- Yoshiki