[Squeakland] Download location for Etoys 4.0 image ?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Tue Jun 16 15:06:06 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>>  (I guess this explains why  "Utilities
>> updateFromServer" on my end-user 3.0 image downloads nothing.)
> Secondly, the update stream is now only used for development, not for
> updating user installations. Etoys is now installed as a regular
> application, users do not have to deal with Squeak images, updates etc. In
> fact, in any regular installation the image is read-only so couldn't even be
> modified from inside Etoys.

This is a good feature.  Would it be helpful (or mischievous) if I
proposed an enhancement request to remove the 'update code from
server' command from the help menu?

(Similarly, file list ...  in the 3.0 image points to an ftp site at
tinlizzie.org that does not permit anonymous logins, and appears not
to be as current as etoys.laptop.org/dev .)