[Squeakland] default saving to server

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 02:38:47 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 11:34:24 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 23.06.2009, at 19:42, Eisenstat, Sholom wrote:
> > How can we make our Squeak installations save to a logged-in user’s
> > default storage drive on a server?
> > This would have to be a permanent fix to be included on our image
> > rather than one which a student would have to manage.
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> You can specify the UserDirectory in etoys.ini:
>
> http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/settings.html
I find it strange that the VMs use different techniques for adapting to different
operating environments. Why not pick these paths from the environment (like
LANG) instead of being hard-coded in ini/Info.plist files?

I could hack a solution for Linux/Win, but I don't know how to put in env
references in Info.plist for Mac.

See http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/etoys/2009-March/003053.html

Subbu