[squeakland] Thanks for uploading emails not received since Oct 15

mrsteve squeakland-forum at squeakland.org
Fri Nov 13 22:00:27 EST 2009

teefal wrote:
> Actually, every time you make a project public, you get an email that says:
>

> "It may be a little while before your project appears, since we review each project for objectionable content to keep things safe for the children of the world. You will receive an email when your project has been approved for public view on the showcase."
>

> Perhaps this email is not going through? Steve?

Looked through my emails and I did receive emails on Oct 11 and Oct 15 with that message (sorry for the confusion, missed that part)
But, I have not received any "Thank you for uploading" emails since Oct 15th and I have uploaded since then.

Should I also receive that email when I revise a project?

I understand the need to prevent objectionable content, as a comparison I checked how the Scratch team does it, they have to deal with the same problem.  There it posted right away and I was able to see it without logging in.
Found a good article talking about how they deal with objectionable content. http://journal.webscience.org/253/ (4. Children's Moral Evaluations).

It seems you are dealing with competing goods: Wanting to prevent objectionable content and allowing folks to make there projects public as soon as they post them.  Also scaling will become a serious problem once folks catch on to the power of Etoys.

PS. Thanks to Bert for all the comments ;)

(from forum)
http://squeakland.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12849#12849