[squeakland] [Q] How to delay an execution of a command tile in a script

Young-Jin Lee youngjin.michael at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 18:19:28 EST 2009

Hello,

I am looking for a way to delay a certain action for a certain period of
time. For instance, I have a book and want to flip the page when the mouse
cursor is touch another Sketch. But, I want to delay the page flipping for a
certain period of time instead of doing it right away because I want, for
instance, to show a Text widget after the mouse cursor touched another
Sketch, but before flipping the book page. Without delaying the flipping of
a book page, I cannot even read the text in the Text Widget.

Related to this, I am wondering if I can play a short sound clip repeated in
a script that is being executed repeatedly. I want to play a certain sound
repeated while a sketch is roaming around the World. If I put the "play
sound" tile in the script that will make the Sketch roam the World, I got
echoes because the "play sound" is invoked before the previous execution of
the previous call to "play sound" ends as I invoke this roaming script
repeatedly (by clicking on its clock icon on the scriptor).

Is there a way to resolve these problems?

Thanks in advance.

Young-Jin Lee