[squeakland] 2 for Etoys5

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 02:22:10 EST 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 12:05:44 pm Randall Caton wrote:
> 2. When you change the text font in a button, the button doesn't resize
> to fit the new text - it would be nice if it did. And when you edit the
> text in a button, the text size reverts to a default - it would be nice
> if it stayed the same because you probably wanted to keep the new text
>  size.
Unlike other basic morphs, TextMorph has both background (page/layout) and
foreground elements (paragraphs). So the resize and color buttons are
ambiguous. Do the buttons affect background or the para style?

I suppose the autoFit option could be used to disambiguate - if it is ON, then
resize affects the text as you describe. If it is OFF, then resize applies to
the background. Or we could use shift-resize to affect the background.

Subbu