[squeakland] 2 for Etoys5

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:07:22 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Randall Caton <rcaton at cnu.edu> wrote:

> Here are two suggestions regarding the next version of etoys:
>
> 1. If you add a new collaboration tool, I have had many teachers impressed
> with certain ways that Nebraska worked: they liked the receiver and ears and
> the fact that you could drop anything onto the badge (including an etoy with
> scripts) to send it to someone. I also think making the IP address visible
> was valuable.

I think we should check out NetMorph as a possible replacement for Nebraska
http://swikis.ddo.jp/NetMorph

It does automatic detection in the same network segment.
One can group users next to each other.
Send morphs with scripts or with drag and drop.

One thing they have done is that each morph is identified with a UUID in the
scriptor so you can remotely control objects. This adds overhead in textual
editing of scripts that have to be resolved, since typing in a UUID to
reference a morph i a little hefty... Maybe a drag and drop UUID reference
could be be made.

Anyway, this document give a good overview

ftp://swikis.ddo.jp/NetMorph/doc/NetMorphC5.pdf

Karl