[squeakland] Best way to use Etoys 4

Carlos Rabassa carnen at mac.com
Wed Oct 28 05:06:13 EDT 2009

We enjoyed very much viewing some of the examples in the Gallery of
Projects, after downloading Etoys 4 and switching to full screen mode.

What recommendations would Etoys - experienced teachers and the
creators of Etoys give to teachers who are just starting to use Etoys
in their classrooms?

How much should they do and how much should they ask the students to do?

What is the best way to ask the class to do a project?

How do experienced evaluators rank projects?

Where do they look for value in a project?

Any comments will be appreciated.

The timing is perfect for our country, Uruguay, the distribution of
the XO computers to public elementary school students is complete.

Almost all of them are already connected to internet.

Etoys-To-Go offers a solution to many others.

They can even work at cybercafes which are quite popular here.

Now is the time to go to work and use Etoys 4.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Carlos Rabassa
Member of Volunteer Support Network to
Plan Ceibal (OLPC)