[squeakland] Re: [etoys-dev] Etoys documentation TOC

Karl Ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:47:47 EDT 2009

On 2009-09-03 13:01, Rita Freudenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as you all know we don't really have an Etoys documentation. So let's
> start writing it. As I wrote earlier I propose to use FLOSS Manuals.
> It is used by the olpc and sugar community for writing manuals and
> books. To get started we should have a TOC outline. Here are my
> suggestions:
>
> 1. Introduction (short description what etoys is about)
> 2. Getting started (technical description on how to install and start
> etoys on different operating systems)
> 3. User Interface (painting tools, halo, viewer ...)
> 4. Tiles (describing every available tile)
> 5. Objects (everything from the supplies bin and object catalogue, flaps)
>
> What am I missing? Of course we can have subchapters and also later
> add main chapters if we find out we need it. Here is the manual for
> TurtleArt so you can get the idea what our documentation could look like:
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/turtleart
>
> What do you think? If we come up with a TOC outline I can send it to
> Anne Gentle from FLOSS manuals to set it up and we can start writing:)
>
> Greetings,
> Rita

Oh, and I made the UpdatingScreenshotMorph:
http://tracker.immuexa.com/browse/SQ-96
The nice thing with it is that if you take a UpdatingScreenShot of a
script for example and add in your BookMorph or text
you don't have to make a new screenshot if you change the script or
language because it updates :-)
So if we keep the documentation internal in Squeak as long as possible
this could maybe be helpful.

Karl