[squeakland] on having two squeakland websites

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Sep 3 20:01:39 EDT 2009

  I finally read the thread...

> 8. it's just confusing to have two sites

  Maybe this is only the real one and other 9 or 8 items are
concequences of it?

> C) squeakland is built on storymill, which is not "free and open
> source" or written in Squeak itself

  Did anybody say that?  There was "what you write is different from
what I read" aspect in some conversations, but if you are implying
what I wrote sometime before, what I wrote was "an openly-available
platform" so that one developer can control (by that I meant that the
developer can test and look at both the server (like logs and error
messages) and client, and not putting anybody on the critical path.

  But, as people agreed, we go with the plan.  So, the question comes
down to "when" we really work on it and make it work.  Can you tell me
(or some other developer) when you have quality time so that can work
together?

-- Yoshiki

> And the last reason, which has not been publicly stated, but I suspect
> exists . . .
>
> D) some people are frustrated with me personally and want the freedom
> to change things without me saying "well, what about so and so"

  Well, *if* you follow what you wrote below, you probably name "some
people", so that not leaving everybody in the community wondering
"hmm, maybe my body language really sucks and I'm giving wrong
impression on Tim?"

  But no, don't do that.  Instead, you should just try to "read" what
is written as it is, and not to "interpret" too much.  That is the key
of text-based technical conversation.

-- Yoshiki