[squeakland] What is special about Etoys?

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Sep 4 07:54:49 EDT 2009

That is one of the questions we came up with at yesterday's education
team meeting. When I talk about Etoys, I can most often just say "it is
a constructionist tool" and that sets it apart from many other tools.
But what is special about Etoys compared to Alice, Scratch, StarLogo etc.?
First thing what comes to my mind: you can do in Etoys what you can do
in the other tools, and then more. But we should have examples and be
more concrete. So please tell us about your experiences, send your
examples where you say: you could never do that in one of the other
languages etc.

We will collect everything on the wiki here:
http://wiki.squeakland.org/display/sq/Etoys+in+comparison

Greetings,
Rita

--