[squeakland] creative commons on the showcase

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Sep 8 10:49:33 EDT 2009

On 08.09.2009, at 16:10, Timothy Falconer wrote:

> I forgot about another field, and topic for discussion.  We also
> have a "use creative commons" checkbox that can go in the account
> profile.

That is too simplified. "Use creative commons" doesn't mean anything.
CC means "some rights reserved", so which one would you propose?

We will have to put everything under *a* CC license, just to be
explicit about which rights we give. But as you said we will have to
decide if it's all under the same, or if there need to be options.

For those who are not familiar with CC, please watch the short intro
video at

	http://creativecommons.org/about/

Personally I would put everything that is accessible to the public
under the "Attribution-Share Alike" CC license just like the Scratch
folks do (who for sure had a highly paid lawyer look at that):

	http://info.scratch.mit.edu/License_to_play

No options is much simpler, and encourages contributions IMHO.

- Bert -