[squeakland] Download Video From Sqeakland Website

Timothy Falconer timothy at squeakland.org
Sun Sep 13 12:15:19 EDT 2009

On Sep 13, 2009, at 6:43 AM, SeaGate Institute of Technology wrote:

> Hi,
> I wonder whether anyone there knows how to download the video from
> Squeakland.org.
>
> Regards,
> Madhur

My apologies Madhur, I did receive your earlier email but we've been
swamped with the new release.

You can download the FLV file directly using a URL like this:

http://squeakland.org/content/movies/sf09-d2s3-nepal.flv

This might not play in your video player, since FLV is usually used
only on the web.

There are many converters that will convert from FLV to MPG or AVI.

Usually we post in other formats as well, such as OGG, etc, but the
sheer volume of video from Squeakfest makes this prohibitive from a
disk space standpoint.

Hope this helps,
Tim