[squeakland] the reasons for ranking

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Sep 29 23:41:08 EDT 2009

At Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:08:46 -0700,
Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> > I agree that competition goes too far in this society.  I agree that
> > there are different kinds of learners that thrive with different types
> > of motivation.
> >
> > But I humbly disagree with yours and Kathleen's opinion that we should
> > take the colored dots off the website.  To me, the benefits outweigh
> > the potential downside.   They're useful and fun, with a real purpose.
>
>   Okay.

  Oh, but I forgot to mention that one of my suggestion wasn't remove
it, but have probably two levels thing and no going back in usual
cases.  It can even be visible on the site if the rule is clear.

  So, it is not "removing the dots or not" question but "how many
levels" "how it is calculated", and etc.

-- Yoshiki