[squeakland] Join us for a sprint week before Squeakfest in July!

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Apr 21 08:13:32 EDT 2010

Hi all,

we are planning to have a one week sprint right before Squeakfest this year, from July, 17 - July 24. I would like to invite you to participate in this event! We plan to book a vacation home on a beach near Wilmington (NC), so that we can stay together, work, and have fun.

There are no detailed plans yet about what exactly we will work on in this week. We could for example:

- write an Etoys cookbook, a collection of tips & tricks about what you can do within Etoys
- develop active essays within Etoys for certain subjects
- develop introductional material for kids
- have a "code sprint"
- ...

We are open for your ideas! What we will finally work on also depends on the experience of the participants of the sprint.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating, since I have to do the booking soon. We cannot provide any financial support. If you have any ideas on how to get funding for this effort, let me know!

Greetings,
Rita