[squeakland] [etoys-dev] (SQ-749) and Kathleen's question on "What do you mean by Artifacts?"

Alan Kay alan.nemo at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 15:20:24 EDT 2010

Sure ... one way to think of this is that you can start with a sample text
object that you modify to make a "prototype" of the ones you want to use as
numeric labels. Make them wide enough, center the text, make the background the
same as the background of the screen (so it will make a nice space when it is
positioned over a line, etc.)

You can put this in a variable and then make copies (instances) of it to
actually use as labels.

Cheers,

Alan