[squeakland] Etoys base packages

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Thu Aug 26 22:30:07 EDT 2010

Carlos,

You can make a dog bark by recording your own sound with the "sound
recorder" in the supplies bun and using the "make sound" tile. Walking the
dog, can be done with the "forward by" tile.  To actually animate the dogs
legs moving requires creating a couple of still images and animating the dog
using a holder (if you are interested in how to animate, click on the
"Gallery of Projects" from the home page and then pick the "bouncing red
ball" in the second row as an example project.

Here is a screencast showing you how to do it, my dog decided to help and
started barking while I was recording :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh3hpTWrrFI

Stephen