[squeakland] Teaching in digital society vs industrial society

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 06:53:27 EDT 2010

Every one want a better education system, that's an easy position.
Bashing the existing one is easy, bringing scaling solution is another
challange.
Personally I have worked both in school and factory (when a teenager), I
never thought the two were related nor common: in a factory it is noisy,
it is stinking, boss are not particularly  friendly, they don't want
what is good for you but only the job done. All the opposite a student
find in school as today...

It is easy to guess Toffler did not have this experience...

Sorry I don't buy the arguments.

Psychologically, comparing school and factory is an attempts to
disregard subliminally public education (the one who bring education to
the mass, and me).

Hilaire

Le 27/08/2010 12:19, Bert Freudenberg a écrit :
> Toffler is not arguing against public education per se. He's saying that schools resembling factories are inadequate for today's society. We need better forms of education than sitting still in a classroom, having a different topic forced onto you every hour - which still is reality for way too many kids.
>
> - Bert -
>
> On 27.08.2010, at 08:03, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
>

>> This just looks unsane to me!
>>
>> Seriously public education is a great achievement for the society and
>> human right.
>> About discipline, you all know we are teaching auto-discipline to the
>> kids not just discipline, especially with teenager.
>>
>> Does this person try to promote homeschooling or the private education
>> sector?
>>
>> Hilaire
>>

>> Le 14/08/2010 18:21, Carlos Rabassa a écrit :
>>
>>> I have just watched a most interesting video a friend pointed out to me.
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlAnkExQabY

Dr. Geo, to discover geometry on Linux, Windows, MAC and XO
http://community.ofset.org/index.php/DrGeo