[squeakland] Re: squeakland Digest, Vol 82, Issue 2

kharness at illinois.edu kharness at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 2 18:50:15 EST 2010

Hi Cherry,
The pinball game lesson plan has eight lesson topics and each may take 40-70 minutes for students to think, to decide, and to understand all the implications of their game decisions. It is a big project for young students.

Could I suggest instead that you look at Lost in Space: http://www.etoysillinois.org/library.php?sl=84
It is a smaller project but given the time line you must work with, it might be a good one for them. It will take about 2- 2 1/2 hours total. The lesson plan is the at the bottom of the page that the link opens.

Leap Frog, http://www.etoysillinois.org/library.php?sl=841 is another small project and kids enjoy it too. The frog catches flies; well, actually there is a test that says if the frog is over the fly, the fly hides. All kinds of possibilities with that, aren't there.
Regards,
Kathleen