[squeakland] Transalating Text in Etoys - followup from education committee question

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Feb 23 16:07:18 EST 2010

On 23.02.2010, at 21:02, <kharness at illinois.edu> wrote:

> I am meeting with someone in mid-March who will translate the QGs into Modern Greek. Is a Greek font available in Etoys? I found if I choose Greek-download additional fonts- that the script tiles changed okay. Now, how do I type Greek using the text from Supplies?

If you are on a Mac, you can switch the keyboard layout using the Mac's "Input menu" in the menu bar. To enable that menu, open Preferences and type "input menu" in the search box. Enable the menu checkbox, and enable the Greek layout in the list above it. Close preferences. Then whenever you want to type Greek, choose the Greek layout from the menu bar. E.g. typing ";alfa" gives άλφα.

- Bert -