[squeakland] Request for Help - Question 20100501

Carlos Rabassa carnen at mac.com
Wed Jan 6 07:57:34 EST 2010

Many thanks to all that responded to my request for help.

This is really a worldwide community!

Each one of the responses received so far have taught me something
interesting,  has given me a better insight into Etoys.

The original problem is however still unsolved.

I shared a project:

http://squeakland.org/showcase/project.jsp?id=7829

which is a translation of another project,  used in the Virgin Islands
pilot project.

You may see one of the suggestions for improvements was to correct a
problem:

If the user changes pages too fast, the sound in the new page starts,
whether or not the sound on the previous page has ended.

We hear both,  one on top of the other.

Karl mentions the problem is the sound to be stopped cannot be easily
identified.

My problem would be resolved if I could stop all sounds,  then I would
have silence to start the sound for the new page.

The other answers bring very interesting possibilities which I was not
aware of but, again,  I don't seem to be able to apply to the problem
in front of me.

Thanks again,

Carlos Rabassa
Montevideo, Uruguay