[squeakland] European visitor learns first hand about Plan Ceibal in Uruguay

Carlos Rabassa carnen at mac.com
Thu Jul 22 15:13:14 EDT 2010

We met Christoph Derndorfer in the recent OLPC Realness Summit in St. John, Virgin Islands.

He mentioned his intention of visiting Uruguay soon and,  of course,  we offered to show him our country.

But when he contacted us to let us know he had just arrived in Montevideo,  we were out of town.

So we asked Paolo Benini,  a Volunteer with RAP Ceibal,  the volunteer network to support Plan Ceibal,  to play host for Christoph in our absence.

>From the reports he filed,  I can clearly see Paolo did such a great job that after all,  it was probably a good thing for Christoph that we were not around.

Thanks Paolo!

Thanks to all the volunteers that helped Christoph!

Thanks Christoph for the two interesting reports you published:

OLPC in Uruguay - More than just Plan Ceibal

http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/uruguay/olpc_in_uruguay_more_than_just_plan_ceibal.html

and

RAP Ceibal - Uruguay's volunteer network

http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/uruguay/rap_ceibal_uruguays_volunteer_network.html

Carlos Rabassa
Volunteer
Plan Ceibal Support Network,  RAP Ceibal