[squeakland] showcase improvements

Timothy Falconer teefal at waveplace.org
Fri Jul 23 13:53:26 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Yesterday and today I put in about seven hours of Squeakland showcase and website work, mostly fixing bugs.  The most noticeable change is that you can now make your projects public immediately without needing editorial review.  We'll still have the review, but it can happen after the project is visible, usually in a day or less.

Projects post to the site much faster, and some web upload bugs have been fixed.

Here's a quick list of the issues I worked on:

* http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-616 (It takes way too long for projects to be made "Public")

* http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-734 (author accounts cannot access their own projects in showcase)

* http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-677 (projects in featured showcase do not open from website)

* http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-706 (Can't Upload new Version of Existing Project to Showcase via Web)

* http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-590 (Uploaded Project, Made Public, Had Comment, But not visible)

Along with several other fixes that didn't have issues.

Anyway, sorry to be so absent this year.  Things have settled down, so you can expect more showcase improvements.

Have a great time at Squeakfest everyone!   Have fun with the Showcase!

Tim

--
Timothy Falconer
Waveplace Foundation