[squeakland] Re: Tick Rate not accurate

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Wed Jun 2 16:53:13 EDT 2010

At Wed, 2 Jun 2010 13:18:19 -0400,
Steve Thomas wrote:

> Bert, thanks for the explanation.
>
> So if the default max Tick Rate is 50, should remove 100 from the list of selectable tick rates?
>
> "Other..." still makes sense (especially 0.1 for ticking every 10 seconds), but we should have some warning so folks
> know the limitations. The warning could be when you select Other in the dialog box that pops up. ex: "Max Rate is 50 per
> second, can change in preferences").
>
> My major purpose for using Etoys is playing around ;) no specific need at this point in time. I noticed the problem when
> running Randy's Dice Roll project and was simply trying to figure out how things worked.

  Just FYI, there is a hidden feature called "fires per tick" (only
present in the scriptor menu when etoyFriendly preference is off) to
specify how many times the script should be executed per tick.  For
example, if you set the number high in Randy's Dice Roll, the bar
graph grows more rapidly.

-- Yoshiki