[squeakland] Artifacts in ObjectCatalog

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Fri Jun 4 13:17:09 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:32 AM, K. K. Subramaniam <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com>wrote:

> For the record, flaps are global drawer for objects. Supplies bin is a
> flap. So
> you can just drag objects from current project into it, open another
> project
> and copy them.
>
> Subbu

The only problem with that is the things I drag into the supplies bin do not
persist between restarts of Etoys.
Also to be clear you are suggesting dragging into the Supplies bin.

The other flaps I create and add to a project do not remain visible when I
open a new project. I have created flaps for sets of objects, such as a set
of cuisenaire rods and a number line, then copied the flaps to other
projects as well but I see the advantage of using the Supplies bin, thanks.

FYI, the problem I am trying to solve is how to re-use artifacts (which can
be a collection of related objects, usually contained within a playfield to
make copier easier) in other projects.

Perhaps we could have a method where they could be shared amongst kids, so
they could "send" each other objects and/or publish and retrieve them from a
repository.

Stephen