[squeakland] Re: New tiles "Say/Think" tiles
sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Sat Jun 19 01:09:56 EDT 2010
While playing with say/think and the speech bubble I noticed:
1. If you make a copy of a speech bubble, then try and resize the copy
you get some strange behavior.
2. In the scripting tiles for say and think there is a green arrow at the
end of "arg" (this is only in the viewer, it disapears when you drag into a
3. There is bubble help for "reginald's bubble" but it is blank. there is
no bubble help for say or think
4. I dragged two say tiles into a script and got Etoys "hung", not even
CMD-. saved me ;)
5. If I create a script to say "Thanks Ricardo" execute it, move the
bubble then execute the script again, the bubble stays in the same spot. But
if I change the text in the scripting tile to "Thanks" and execute it, the
6. The setting of the bubble's X and Y in the script seems to behave
strangely (done by dragging Reginald's X and Y into the Script Editor, then
dragging the "reginald's bubble" tile to replace "reginald" in the scripting
1. If I increase X by 50 and run the script it seems to have no
effect. But if I run the script again it moves (may be related
to 5 in that
if I change the text and run again it has no effect).
7. The "Speech Bubble" has "bubble" category in the viewer, which has:
1. "attach to | punto" (which attaches it to a dot, which is hidden in
the upper left). Is this meant to allow setting of the
attachment point? I
was able to change it to attach to another object in a script.
2. "stop attaching" - which lets you move the graphic, w/o having the
"Speech Bubble" move. But once you stop attaching, how do you
to the graphic?
Perhaps, having a "bubble tail" length and "bubble tail" angle, would work.
To allow the positioning of the Speech Bubble. You could also have an
"Offset x" and "Offset y" to modify the default attachment point.
All that said I think I am leaning toward the simple Say and think, which I
think are great additions in and of themselves without the extras.
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Ricardo Moran <richi.moran at gmail.com>wrote:
> Hi all,
> Last week Randall proposed to add "say" and "think" tiles just like
> Scratch. I've been working on that and I made a simple project for you to
> test it: http://tecnodacta.com.ar/gira/gsoc/NedroidComic2.029.pr.
> I added the "say/think" commands and a slot with the current bubble, thus
> allowing the user to make scripts with it. You can find the new tiles in the
> "gsoc" category (I don't know which category would be most appropriate,
> maybe "miscellaneous"?).
> In addition to making the bubbles pop up using the "say/think" tiles I also
> put the bubbles in the Object Catalog as separate objects. You can resize
> them, change their message, rotate them, change their color, etc. You can
> find them in the "GSoC" category (again, I'm not sure where to put them, the
> "graphics" category seems appropriate I think). They include a "bubble"
> category with commands to attach the bubble to a morph and a slot to see the
> current attachment.
> Anyway, I think this is a great addition but I need your opinions before
> uploading it to Etoys, so any comment would be greatly appreciated :)
> Thanks in advance!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the squeakland