[squeakland] Pi Project - Translation of Tab

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Tue Jun 22 01:45:51 EDT 2010

Okay here is my contribution, I had to post it on a SuperSwiki as I am still
having problems posting to the Showcase :(
You can find the project here:
http://swiki.ofset.org:8000/seaside/SBSuperSwiki/bfeb1910-c26e-4409-a2c4-5680842016a9?_s=TSJMVzFGZOHAQkcV&_k=gGeheatu

Page 3 keeps Randy's project pi (so it can be incorporated). I like Randy's
approach as a first step for kids. Using this, especially in a class where
they will all get slightly different perimeters for a four sided polygon, is
a good way to start.

Still to do (previous entry clipped):
1) add label showing length of triangle segment to facilitate calculating
perimeter
2) add label showing area
3) add Richo's graph tool to let the kids plot ratio of perimeter to
diameter vs # of side, so they can see it converge

In the spirit of the group challenge I do not mind if  anyone would like to
take on any of the above items, help is always appreciated ;)

Stephen