[squeakland] Re: Two etoys questions

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Mon Mar 1 13:01:24 EST 2010

*To play a Sound only once:*

   1. Create a variable (ex:SoundPlayed) and change its type type to
   Boolean.
   2. Simply set the Boolean to True right after you Play the sound.
   3. Then have a test in the script to see if the sound has been played
   already.
   4. NOTE: If this is in a book, and you want the Sound to be played once
   each time the page is visited (ie: if they go back you want to ensure the
   same experience) you can
      1. Open the Page Viewer and create a script
      2. In the script set the variable SoundPlayed to false
      3. Set the script to run when "opened"

*To embed Text inside a Sketch:*

   1. From the Sketch's Halo, click on the Menu icon
   2. Check "accept drops"
   3. Drag text onto the Sketch using the "Pick Up" icon (the one to the
   right of the Menu icon

Don't get tired (may get too busy, but not tired).  That said it is probably
a good idea to send to the list as if you have a question, there are
probably a lot of other people around with the same question.