[squeakland] Re: [squeak-dev] Physical Etoys released!

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 19:38:16 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> Awesome!

Thanks!

> I assume this uses a plugin to get the data - where's the code?

No, actually. We tried to develop this stuff using mostly Smalltalk code.
For Arduino and SqueakNxt we are only using the SerialPort class. The other
projects use FFI to access the libraries that do the hard work. If you're
interested I can give you the links to their websites.

> A lot more sensors could be added to something like this. In particular
> ones that are built into laptops nowadays, like accelerometers. Would you
> take contributions?

Yes, of course! We would be very glad to accept contributions. In fact, we
want to increase the list of supported hardware with everything considered
worthwhile, and the sensors built into laptops seem to be a great addition.

Cheers!
Richo