[squeakland] first chapters of Etoys manual can be reviewed!

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Mar 4 09:36:22 EST 2010

After two weeks of book sprints and several additional hours of writing, we decided to publish the first chapters to start the review process.

Like the writing process has evolved while writing, we expect the same to happen with the reviewing. That means, we start with a suggestion on how the review process should  go on, but we are open for feedback on the process and will change it, if need be.
Also, the published chapters are not in a perfect state yet. We are not only asking for polishing, we know that the structure of the individual chapters and the whole book might not be perfect yet and open for discussion. But we also feel, that the community can help us a lot with that!
You can find the manual here:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Etoys/WebHome

For reviewing, please only look at the chapters in the upper part, especially on:

USER INTERFACE
OBJECTS
COMMONTILES

In HowToWriteThisManual you can find the outline for the book.

So here's the process we suggest for now:

1. Please register on FLOSSManuals to be able to edit online.
2. Typos can be corrected right away.
3. Please don't change the structure. For ideas on how it should be changed or for general comments on content of a chapter, please use the link "chapter talk", which you can find on top of every chapter, right below the link to "edit".
4. There are several places where actual information is missing, incomplete, etc. You can always edit anywhere in the text to change what is wrong or add what is missing.

Greetings,
Rita