[squeakland] Question about concentration - the card game

p.a.dreyfuss at excite.com p.a.dreyfuss at excite.com
Tue Mar 9 15:48:34 EST 2010

Hi, I was searching Markus's Work about Memory.
And returning to the mail, I find Bert 's answer.

Here is the reference of a paper about idioms and describing many games including Memory.
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Archive/Papers/Gael06aC5.pdf.

Markus has probably written the shortest code for a game, only four lines for the game Taquin, also called the 15 puzzle.

Memory uses only 32 lines of code.

I think that idioms are important in the learning process, and should be related to projects using them.

A way to do this could be the use of comments for connecting idioms and projects using them.

On the basis of Memory, you can build a lot of teaching materials.

Pairs can be word/ picture sound/words or sound /picture question/answer ...i

Regards.