[squeakland] GSoC - I would like to participate as a student

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sun Mar 21 09:27:26 EDT 2010

Am 20.03.2010 um 03:52 schrieb Ricardo Moran:

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in working as a student for the "Squeakland education
> project". I think I can do a nice job, I have some experience in
> Smalltalk and Etoys and I know how to develop tiles for specific
> purposes. I'm very interested in Etoys and, of course, I think this
> is a great opportunity for me.
>
> I've never participated in GSoC before, so I'm not really aware of
> the process. I'm reading all the articles I could find, though.
>
> Regarding the project proposal, I think I understand most of it but
> I would like to know a little more detail of what you're thinking
> (especially in the "Learner and Teacher Feedback" part).
>
> I hope you find me worthy of consideration to participate in the
> program :)

Hi Ricardo,

thats great! I would love to have you working on the project!
I will contact the organizers so that they know we have a mentor and a
student for our project. That should help finally getting selected.
The thing is, that ESUG gets a certain amount of money for some
"slots", that means projects. There are a lot of project ideas on the
website, and ESUG will probably not get enough money to realize *all*
projects. So I will do what I can to get our project selected, but I
don't know yet how ESUG will handle that. I'll let you know when I
have more details.

Greetings,
Rita